Home

Weather Outlook for Frankston and the Mornington Peninsula

Home

Victoria

Australia



   Forecast issued at 5:40 am EDT on Thursday 5 March 2015.

Weather Situation

   A strong cold front over far eastern Victoria will rapidly clear away
   to the east this morning as an associated deep low pressure system
   passes well south of Tasmania. The next high pressure system will
   remain well to the west of Victoria for the time being, as further cold
   fronts will cross Tasmania late Thursday and during Saturday.

Forecast for the rest of Thursday

   Partly cloudy. Medium (50%) chance of showers in the east this morning
   , slight (20%) chance elsewhere. A dry afternoon to follow but a slight
   (20%) chance of a shower near the coast this evening. Winds
   southwesterly 35 to 50 km/h decreasing to 25 to 35 km/h in the early
   afternoon. Daytime maximum temperatures between 17 and 20.

   Fire Danger - High

   UV Alert from 10:20 am to 4:50 pm, UV Index predicted to reach 8 [Very
   High]


Friday 6 March

   Cloudy. High (70%) chance of showers in the southeast, slight (30%)
   chance elsewhere. Winds west to southwesterly 25 to 40 km/h. Overnight
   temperatures falling to between 8 and 13 with daytime temperatures
   reaching between 18 and 21.

Saturday 7 March

   Partly cloudy. Winds west to northwesterly 20 to 30 km/h tending west
   to southwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the afternoon then tending
   southeast to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight
   temperatures falling to between 8 and 13 with daytime temperatures
   reaching the low to mid 20s.

Sunday 8 March

   Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower near the Otways, near
   zero chance elsewhere. Light winds becoming northwest to southwesterly
   15 to 25 km/h during the day then tending southeast to southwesterly 15
   to 20 km/h during the evening. Overnight temperatures falling to
   between 9 and 13 with daytime temperatures reaching the mid to high
   20s.
To check out rainfall and intensity around Melborne click here.
For more info go to: http://www.bom.gov.au


The complete Central District Forecast can be found here, in text form.